Wednesday, April 27, 2005

bad puppies


poor little puppy Posted by Hello


(before you read this post...My grammar is horrible so I appreciate those of you who actually get through the whole thing and can understand what I'm trying to say. In short, I made slippers that I thought totally sucked but I wanted to share anyway)

I must start by saying that I knitted a pair of little brown puppies with a nice dark charcoal-grey cuff for my nephew about a year ago. Those were totally adorable. I had used embroidery thread for the eyes and the same little black nose as this one.

Now, I am obviously less than thrilled how these turned out. I had run out of the black yarn as well as my lys so I ended up using a grey for the ears and tails. Maybe after that,I realized they were not perfect so perhaps I sabotaged them on purpose because I did a bad job connecting the slipper and cuff….my own way..instead of following the books instructions. Ok, so maybe it had something to do with the fact I was trying to finish them while on vicodin at about 1:30 in the morning and just wanted them to be done done done.

Needless to say, I realized how pathetic the first one turned out, I just glued on some plastic eyeballs and called it good. I was going to give both slippers to my friend who will be having a baby next month so instead of giving her them as a gift for her little girl to wear, I opted to write a nice check, stick it in ONE of these slippers, give that to her at her shower and tell her I owe her a new pair of descent puppy slippers that her child can wear. (without the potential of choking on the eyes and slipping on her butt) I will attach some suede or leather no-slip soles on the next pair.

I figure I’d at least post this photo so you can see my bad puppy. I know I can make some good puppies so stay tuned as I work on the new ones.

I now have lots of new yarn, a better understanding and at least 2 weeks before my friend gives birth.

1 Comments:

At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's a cute little pair of "puppies".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counter
Smart Bargains Coupons