Sunday, January 23, 2005

purple hooters and gary the retard

First off, I want to apologize should anyone finds my title offensive. I do believe that is how most people, especially those Howard Stern fans, know who Gary is without going into great detail. I was fortunate enough last night to join in on the YMCA participation dance next to Gary, while a lively group of Albanians (folks from Albany) sang the song karaoke. Come on now and admit you can’t hear that song without raising your arms over your head and turn yourself into a twisted, human alphabet. It was SO MUCH FUN! I am sure part of the excitement of being in a room with a celebrity was magnified with the sweet, candy-goodness of the Purple Hooters that I impatiently nursed. They were so good, I had to restrain from gulping them down like a big glass of kool-aid on a hot summer day.

I was enjoying the company of my niece and her groovy husband to celebrate the 47th birthday of my youthful sister. A friendly, karaoke-er thought she was a young, thirty-something. Yes, we were blessed with good genes! Thanks dad! The night was thoroughly enjoyable and I would have been thrilled to celebrate my own birthday in such a joyous way. The only sad part was my sister's super-cool husband was not there to join us in the festivities. I really do miss him when he’s not with us. My thoughts are with him as he drives long hours across the country.

Now it’s time to get responsible, get off the computer and get busy. Happy weekend to you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counter
Smart Bargains Coupons