Monday, January 03, 2005

Welcome 2005!

I have intended to update this blog for quite a few days but due to family, snow, sunny-dry streets and the constant company of Davey (and did I mention snow?), instead of a “last blog of 2004”, I had to update my title.

I suppose I could ramble about the past year and the special events and accomplishments that have occurred. I have been thinking lately about this website and it’s purpose. I tend to post more pictures than interesting text and I know the words I write can be painful for English majors and grammar police to read. I hesitate writing anything lately.

One thing I do want to mention is that my mother just celebrated her 68th birthday last Wednesday. To see her, you know the years have treated her well. Sure, her hair is a sparkly, silver-white and she can’t open jars like she used to, those issues don’t matter. Her energy and lust for life is what makes her stand out in a room. I could go on forever listing her qualities but the reference could appear excessive. I do hope to spend some quality time with her in the near future. We need to get together and watch “Love Actually” which is a delightful little comedy/romance/drama. It’s not only for hormonal chicks but was also enjoyed by a super-cool male member of my family (who shall remain nameless for the sake of his masculinity).

I finally made it up to the mountain and despite the lack of snow, had a wonderful time! The only injury came from a little puffy white peak which turned out to be a big pointy rock. As the snow fell, the powder built up in some areas, soft and fluffy. This one big rock jumped up and flipped my board slamming me into the snow. My shoulder was a little sore and my knee decided to stay locked up until I made it down to the lodge where I was able to release it where it immediately felt better. I still have not heard from the doctor regarding my MRI so I’m going to safely enjoy the snow until they tell me to stop.

My last day off work, I wake promptly at 5:00 am. I have a new appreciation for early mornings and with a list of “things to do today” a mile long, it is probably best I got up when I did. I am happy to say I do have a better feeling about life’s overwhelming tasks but with a new year, I have all kinds of time to get to them. On that note, I am going to get started on that list, one which begins with having another cup of coffee and then tending to the bills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counter
Smart Bargains Coupons