Monday, December 06, 2004

just another mri monday...

Tonight I have an appointment for my first MRI for my right knee which has been locking up and clunking on a pretty regular basis. I am in a weird mood but it’s not because of my appointment. I understand that this is going to be CAKE compared to the tests I had done for my tumor (hyperparathyroidism) so many years ago.

I have a nice 3 inch scar that runs across the front of my neck and it resembles the scar that runs along front of my right arm. Right above the armpit. If my left shoulder had the same scar, I would look like someone who had been created by a dr. Frankenstein. Assembled pieces. The scary part is that I am one dislocation away from having my left arm under the knife as well.
I have never had my knee seriously looked at. They did x-ray (no wait…) Z-ray’d for the original injury back when I was a two-planker on snow. (yay! Another mitch reference)
Anyway….They said it was probably just a strain. I did not understand because to me, it was really messed up. For years, it would just buckle and go out from under me, as if I was a little off balance. I knew it was more than a “strain” at that time. It was only this summer when I bent down to pull some weeds. (Yes, neighbors, I occasionally do that. ) Anyway it popped and hurt like crazy. There was some swelling for a few days after. I actually walked in such a way that davey teased me about riding the short bus to work the next day. Har har…
Anyway so then it started locking late summer. At first, I had no idea what it was doing and then whammo. It was stuck and wasn’t moving. At my desk and I had davey’s birthday party to go to after work. It was locked up for 8 hours until after, I crawled in bed after some self-medication…hey Canadian Tylenol are ok per my doc,…..and perhaps a drink but before you scoff, while lying on my stomach, admiring the view of the television from between the bars of the bed, I heard a popping clunking noise and moved my leg. Without much care, I stood up on the ground and “woo hood’” with the happiest relief.
After that, it seemed to lock up almost regularly…a couple times a day, more or less. It locked up a lot in California, while on vacation. So anyway long, rambling story. My doc sent me to physical therapy which I did as directed. The locking continued and then I was sent back to her and a week later, I sit waiting nervously to go to some hospital down in Clackamas Oregon at 8:30pm and rambling to a humming screen. I actually went back so I could get permission to run again and a blessing to snowboard. I’ve become really good at unlocking my knee but I guess that won’t cut it. Pbhththth
So, whatever mood was hanging over me has now been blown off. I’m happy for that. I am hesitant to include my various moods but we’ll see. I may use this as a sorta-therapy thing unless it’s too creepy.
O yeah and sorry, I don’t do the emoticons because I don’t know how!

Have a lovely evening and take care of those knees…and shoulders and parathyroids and other operable areas.
Hugs!

2 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger Downhill Monkey said...

Well slap me silly and call me Susan! Mr Tom Robbins, I so worship as a writer, I apologize for my poor writing and rambling. :)

Please understand, I do see the positive things in life every day. Just last weekend, I wrote 3+ morning pages (aka journal) about how blessed I am. I KNOW I have a wonderful life and I don't hesitate to tell anyone if the question comes up. I have the best friends and family in the whole world! I am so lucky to have a job and a nice house to live in. I experience love and magic every day! I have discussed this with a family member before. I may feel or experience pain a little quicker than the average person but I also feel love and happiness with such intensity, I would never want to be anybody but me!

I can list the specific things I am thankful for but it would take forever and probably shut 'blogger' down! Actually, this would make for a fun blog theme so stay tuned! You might just get to see more about what makes me happy!

I also have a passion for all kinds of music and to me, the music we listen to is the soundtrack to our lives. On that note, I think it's interesting that I've been repeatedly listening to "seek up" by Dave Matthews band,these last few days. I'm not sure about the meaning behind the lyrics but I think they mean that we need to appreciate what we have in life and know that life itself is not about trivial, material things. My favorite personal theme song would be DMB's "pig". Ahhh don't burn the day...away!

I suppose that I haven't typed too many positive goodies on the blog but I'm just getting into this and want to be somewhat entertaining so please, stay tuned and you will see more of what makes me happy!

Thank you for your thoughtful comments!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Downhill Monkey said...

Oh yeah...Still Life was my favorite!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

free web counter
Smart Bargains Coupons